Thursday, June 19, 2008

Cartagena, Colombia

Outside the Walls
June 8-13, 2008

As part of my visit, I traveled to the poorer areas of Cartagena (a.k.a. 'outside the walls'). I took most of these photos from a speeding cab. I did not take any pictures through some of the worst parts. The people in these neighborhoods are living in difficult situations and that is an understatement. One thing I would like to note here is that Cartagena is currently booming in tourism, these neighborhoods seeminly are seeing none of this incoming money.




I think that is just a hole where the sidewalk should be?





There was something about this little girl looking over her mother's shoulder and I wanted to catch her curious eyes.


It had rained that morning. Some areas have no paved roads.

No comments: