Monday, July 14, 2008

Kati, Mali

Program Launch Event
June 26 - July 1, 2008

The organization's program launch ceremony included two dance troupes. They were really great - I was overwhelmed with the opportunity to see them perform.




The mayor of Kati (in purple) gave a welcoming speech and endorsed the organization's programming. I was seated next to him at the ceremony. He did not speak English but he was very gracious that I was there in his community.






These two men requested that I take their photo.
They are two important and influential men in the Kati community. My understanding was that you can't do much in Kati without their blessing.

1 comment:

Mommy said...

The dresses are gorgeous! I love the 2 Dons of Kati (unless of course, they are abuse their power). I can't believe you were there!